If you have more than your local branch can accept, bring your donations to 216 NE Knott St. Use the delivery driveway east (left) of the Title Wave book store and ring the buzzer. Please do not take them into Title Wave. If you are delivering a large donation of more than 15 boxes, please call us so we know when to expect you.
Donation hours are 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday.
In general, if you are physically unable to deliver your donation, please call the Friends at 503-988-6191 to discuss the possibility of a pick up.
Materials Donation Guidelines
We accept the following:
- Paperback fiction
- Hardback popular fiction 2008 or newer
- All classics, paperback and hardback by nominated or award-winning authors
- Paper and hardback nonfiction
- Books older than 1960
- Travel guides 2015 or newer
- CDs, DVDs, LPs, Audio Books
- Sheet music, maps, and pamphlets
- Children’s and Young Adult books
- Comic Books and Graphic Novels
We are not able to accept:
- Torn, dirty, moldy, smelly, or water-damaged books
- Books with excessive writing, highlighting, or underlining
- Time Life series or Reader's Digest condensed books
- Computer books older than 2015
- Encyclopedias older than 2011
- Textbooks books older than 2012
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Ex-library books or books purchased from the Library's Title Wave bookstore
- Cracked or scratched CDs and DVDs
Have a question about what we accept? Please call the Friends book sorting room at 503-988-6191. Your donation may be tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Friends of the Library is a 501(c)3 (EIN #93-6097526).