Need to make some room on your bookshelves?
You can bring up to two boxes of materials, in good condition, to your neighborhood library and your donation will be delivered to the Friends book sorting room.
If you have more than your local branch can accept, bring your donations to 216 NE Knott St. Use the delivery driveway east (left) of the Title Wave book store and ring the buzzer. Please do not take them into Title Wave.
PLEASE NOTE: DONATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE KNOTT ST. LOCATION OCTOBER 2-9. Outside those dates, donation hours are 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday.
From October 2-9, you can still donate up to 2 boxes/bags per day at library branches. Visit the library website for branch hours and locations.
In general, if you are physically unable to deliver your donation, please call the Friends at 503-988-6191 to discuss the possibility of a pick up. If you are delivering a large donation of more than 15 boxes, please call us so we know when to expect you.
Materials Donation Guidelines
We accept the following:
- Paperback fiction
- Hardback popular fiction 2007 or newer
- All classics, paperback and hardback by nominated or award-winning authors
- Paper and hardback nonfiction
- Books older than 1959
- Travel guides 2013 or newer
- CDs, DVDs, LPs, Audio Books
- Sheet music, maps, and pamphlets
- Children’s and Young Adult books
- Comic Books and Graphic Novels
We are not able to accept:
- Torn, dirty, moldy, smelly, or water-damaged books
- Books with excessive writing, highlighting, or underlining
- Time Life series or Reader's Digest condensed books
- Computer books older than 2013
- Encyclopedias older than 2011
- Textbooks books older than 2012
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Ex-library books or books purchased from the Library's Title Wave bookstore
- Cracked or scratched CDs and DVDs
Have a question about what we accept? Please call the Friends book sorting room at 503-988-6191. Your donation may be tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Friends of the Library is a 501(c)3 (EIN #93-6097526).